The City Secretary is an officer of the City, appointed by the Mayor and City Council. The position of City Secretary is a statutory position required by State Law and the City Charter.
The services provided by the City Secretary’s Office include:
- Administering Oaths
- Conducting Municipal Elections
- Coordinating the codification of City Ordinances
- Maintaining appointments of Boards and Commissions
- Maintain archives: Laserfiche Cloud
- Managing the City corporate seal and attesting to authorized City officials’ signatures on all official documents
- Performing other duties as may be required by the City Council or State Law
- Preparing and disseminating council meeting agendas and packets
- Preparing and disseminating council meeting minutes
- Providing citizens with public information and fulfilling requests for public information
- Providing staff support to the Mayor and City Council
Open Records Request
Submit requests for public information.
A Second Public Hearing on the Proposed Tax Rate will be held on September 21, 2023, at 6:00 pm at the City of Keene City Hall Council Chamber, 1000 N Old Betsy Road, Cleburne, TX 76031. Additional Info...
The City of Keene City Council will hold a second public hearing on the proposed 2023-2024 fiscal year budget at the City Council meeting: Sept 21, 2023, at 6:00 pm. Additional Info...