Volunteering can be very rewarding. You will be able to work with public professionals who are committed to quality and excellence in the delivery of all City services. Volunteering allows the City to utilize its citizens in a unique and challenging way. Our program’s goals are to:
• Encourage and provide an opportunity for citizen participation
• Improve the quality of life through expanded services, without additional taxation
• Enhance services by utilizing volunteers to supplement the efforts of City staff
• Promote and assist citizen’s understanding of municipal government
• Provide mentorship for up and coming professionals and students
Here is a list of departments that may need volunteers:
- Parks & Recreation
- Animal Services
- Code Enforcement
- Public Works
- Financial Services
- Ride Recovery
There will be a variety of tasks available, some of which could be project-based, clerical, or special events.
People from all over the community are eligible. Volunteers must be at least 15 years of age. Volunteers can serve on a seasonal, on-going, one-time, short-term, as needed, or special events basis.
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete the volunteer application.
If you have any questions, please call the Human Resources office for additional information. Background checks are required prior to placement in any of the City of Keene Volunteer Programs.